Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Harold & Kumar or How Kentucky's Youth are Destroying My Hope for the Future

Okay, so it's totally our fault that we went to see Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. In our defense, the first one was pretty funny but the sequel, clocking in at 102 minutes is 102 minutes too long.

Is it our fault, though, that we were surrounded by total douchebags? Probably. Am I still going to grouse about it? Absolutely.

Behind us to our right we had sick boy who hacked his way through the entire film (without covering his mouth), pausing only to call out, "That is so freaking (except he didn't say freaking) awesome" when a shot of a woman's, err, private parts flashed on the screen. And I don't mean boobs. God, this movie sucked. To this jerk I say, I hope what goes around comes around and may someone spread their filthy germs to you while you're watching a crappy movie someday.

Behind us to our left we had the white trash trio who talked non-stop until I turned around and yelled, "What is your freaking (except I didn't say freaking) problem?!!" At least they shut up after that. Sort of. I'm so going to get Tom's butt kicked someday. He says he is not worried. At least I'm one of those "kung fu Asians."

Furthermore, every single time I have been to a movie in Kentucky where there's been any sort of gay scene there's always a chorus of "Euw!" or "Gross!" or "Jesus, man!" Grow up you imbeciles. Or come out of the damn closet.

I understand why people move to the woods. Join militias. Whatever. Yes, I am elitist (like Obama!). I just want to see some freaking (except I don't mean freaking) common courtesy!!!

I'm watching Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes) on The Tonight Show. He is not as cute outside of Narnia, and I just found out he was in a boy band. There goes that crush.

GRRRRRR,
Ms. Anthrope

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. I thought the first H&K was funny too, but I should have known it was too good to last.
    As far as asses at the theater, well, it just reaffirms why I like animals more than people (and kids) 90 percent of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals rule! Except for the one who is stuck in my wall that I can't get out. Poor thing.

    And yes, we should have known that H&K was too good to last. Not even NPH could save it.

    ReplyDelete