Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Baze vs. Rees

The Supreme Court upheld Kentucky's right to use lethal injection (thus most likely ending the moratorium on executions in this country).

I guess it's not cruel. Or unusual.

What on earth are we going to do when we lose Ruth Bader Ginsburg and David Souter?

State sanctioned murder really contributes to our culture of life, I think.

I've spent the morning watching the news and I'm disgusted by much. I totally get why people just move away to the woods to escape it all. I watched two teenagers force an 18 month old to smoke pot. I watched some housewife with crazy eyes use You Tube to defame her husband and try to get a better divorce settlement. I watched yet another "kids fighting caught on video!" episode. And I can't escape The Pope. Or the polygamist pioneer town.

I know, the answer is turn the damn TV off. Unfortunately all this stuff is still out there... Humf.

Super humf,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. What is goin on? I, too, am an avid news junkie. I’m no rookie, I can take it, but something really turned these last couple weeks. Oddly enough, with all that’s going on in the world, I think it was the polygamist pioneers that sent me off some sort of internal emotional cliff.

    I was full-up with our full-time problems and then I see footage of this massive polygamist compound - and this was no shack in the woods - you could see this thing from space. All along?! These women - 14-year-old girls with 60 year-old husbands - have been there all along?! In 2008? And we did nothing? For years? And these women - hundreds of them - all dressed in good ‘ol American prairie burkas, crying genuine, brainwashed tears from their expressionless faces, saying how “good” and “pure” their lives were. I’m… gonna be sick.

    But I can’t! Because the story before that was about the lady’s multiple sclerosis meds going from $20 a month to $350 dollars a month because the drug companies say they aren’t making quite enough, and the insurance companies are like, “yeah, us too.” And the MS lady cries in her car, ‘cause there’s really nothing else she can do.

    And then Arlen Specter came on to sell some books. ‘Cause he had some free time. No need to get back to the whole Senator thing. All those problems are solved…

    I am, indeed, turing off the tv 'til the Penn. primary. I know it's all still there. You are a better girl than I to stick it out.

    ReplyDelete