Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The LP Questionnaire - Parker Gispert of The Whigs

Reprint from the SXSW Blog... Young Parker's just so adorable and The Whigs are all up and coming and stuff so I figured it was worth it. Plus I'm in a monster food coma so coming up with something new... not quite gonna happen just now, sorry. Please enjoy...

Parker Gispert might be one of the greatest names ever. I want to be friends with this guy just so I can say it a lot. In addition to having a rad name, Gispert's also quite the little cutie (Phoebe at ATO and I have discussed this at length), and I'm really looking forward to catching the band at the sure to be stellar MMJ/Yo La Tengo/Whigs show.

I feel a bit guilty about reducing talented bands to the base level of cute (I write this thing like I'm 13 again, what can I say), so please check out the most excellent musical side of The Whigs via their video for "Right Hand on My Heart" here.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, The LP Questionnaire...

Name: Parker Gispert
Pro Wrestling Name: Admiral Death

Pretend you're 15 (and tell us what year it is, if you don't mind). Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
1997. Brimful of Asha (Cornershop), Skinned (Blind Melon), 2 Become 1 (Spice Girls)

Which evil villain would make the best president? Jaws (the shark, not the Bond character)

What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
Beavis and Butthead. It is a crime that the videos have been omitted from the DVD collection.

What superpower do you wish you had?
Beaming myself / our equipment places (Star Trek style). This is a daily thought I have while driving the van to shows.

What would the title of your autobiography be? Now That I'm Drunk and Have You Cornered... Let Me Tell You About Myself For The Next 600 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment