Wednesday, February 6, 2008

200th Post! Aww Yeah!


Does this mean I'm prolific and splendid or a loser with no life? Let's go with the former.

This season of House is really... getting on my nerves. I hate the new team, I miss my Chase (I mean, wasn't Jesse Spencer totally dreamy in Uptown Girls?!), and House asking an 11-year old what sexual positions her mother likes best was positively mortifying and in bad taste, imho. Why Hugh Laurie is agreeing to this - and spray on hair - I'm not sure.

Speaking of Uptown Girls, has anyone seen Brittany Murphy lately? Eek. I really don't understand why actresses can't lay off the collagen already. I mean, don't they have mirrors?

Is it totally cheesy to admit that I just bought "Whichever Way the Wind Blows" by Pete Droge on iTunes because I heard it in a Toyota commercial? I stopped following Droge about ten years ago, but I'm glad to see he's making some scratch. Seriously. I like it when musicians I enjoy get to eat and stuff. It's not selling out (unless you're The Who or something and already have more money than God in which case it seems lame unless you're donating all that money to charity, and yes I'm being judgmental but that's what snarky bloggers like me do), it's having something to retire on. Having a house to live in. Then again, if the commercial had been for Wal-Mart I might feel differently.

Apple is doing it to me again. If I hear that freaking Yael Naim song one more time, I am going to throw my iBook out the window. I'll never buy an Apple Air now (not like I would anyway). I'm sorry, Yael. It's not your fault. You look cute and everything, but it's a bummer that Mac had to Feist you.

Feist is now a verb.

Also - is that Kings of Leon I hear in that Ford ad? I hate that band. Seriously, I go all Incredible Hulk when I'm subjected to that guy's voice. They're asshats, too, in case you were wondering.

By the way, I never say anything behind anyone's back or in print that I wouldn't say to his/her face. This has endeared me to many, as you can imagine. At least I'm not two-faced, right?

I leave you on this momentous 200th post occasion with a story about a firefighter giving mouth to mouth to some dogs. And they lived!

Never you mind,
Ms. P

ps. I'm not writing about Super Tuesday because, well, I have Chris Matthews fatigue and it's like I'm blocked when it comes to thinking about politics. Besides, not much changed, really, although we could be seeing the end of Romney. I'm in tears over that one, lemme tell ya.

pps. I just saw Karl Rove debuting on Fox News (I'm watching A Daily Show). Does that guy look like Mr. Potato Head or what?!! Sorry Mr. PH. I know that's a bummer for you.

1 comment: