Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sexist Emails I Have Known

When I got home tonight, this missive was in my inbox:

"In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday.

Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers.

During this period of time she became familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.

Does this sounds idiotic and unbelievable to you?

Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed.

Hillary Clinton has never run a City, County, or State.

When he was told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the white house, Dick Morris stated "so has the pastry chef" !"

I find this rather insulting, not to mention stupid (quoting Dick Morris. Yeah...) Football and the physical ability to play it - and the examples given - are completely different than Clinton's experience. What makes it worse is that a woman (who's a Democrat) sent this to me. People with glass ceilings shouldn't throw stones.

Barack Obama and John Edwards have never run a city, county or state, either. If those are the qualifications by which we must judge, we can only elect Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee at this point. Besides, George W. Bush ran Texas and look where we are now.

Most women I know think they're smarter than their husbands (or ex-husbands). By that logic, she should be an even better president than Bill, and he wasn't bad.

Bill Maher, whose return I welcomed last night, said, "If you hate Hillary Clinton it is so about you."

Frankly, at the end of the day I think anyone who wants to be president is already wack (or is it whack?). You have to have a giant ego and be fairly narcissistic. I think the right person for this job will never run. He or she is too smart. It's an honorable job but the process sure isn't (and in that respect, I think they all fail). In the meantime, we must elect someone and I pray to someone that it's not Mitten, Huckabee, Thompson or Giuliani. I'm less distressed by McCain but that's a different discussion for another time.

Your Monday Morning Quarterback,
Ms. P

4 comments:

  1. You're totally right. You can't compare Deanna to Hillary. That's madness. Also, I agree with being less distressed about McCain. I'd love to read your thoughts about it to see if we have the same views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Hillary a two-term Senator as well? Also, she didn't just live in the White House, she had a J-O-B there as well. Ug, I hate stupid e-mails like that. I used to have to deal with those all the time from my Dad, until he realized that I could just counter with any number of idiotic (and verifiable) Bush-isms and he realized he could never win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely support Hillary if she is the Democratic nominee.

    However, don't sell Deanna Favre short until you see her throw the deep ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh - look who's sexist now! Me! I shouldn't assume anything about Deanna and her ability to throw the ball. Though I cited physicality as a difference in the examples, what bothered me most was that it made it sound like Clinton only knew the cabinet members' names and that's what she's calling experience.

    Or something like that.

    As for John McCain, I'm going to hope that his recent pandering to Evangelicals isn't a true change (though the pandering itself is offensive) and what's still at the heart of him is a certain degree of social liberalism. I am less distressed about McCain, perhaps only because the other choices really scare the shit out of me. :)

    ReplyDelete