Thursday, January 24, 2008

Project Runway: Jazzin' for Blue Jean

Also: The Westboro Baptist Lunatics and Australian Open (old) news to follow...

On tonight's Project Runway the designers were challenged to re-imagine Levi's 501 jeans. We learn a bit more about the contestants - Rami survived the rigors growing up in Israel by sketching clothes, Victorya's mother made her whatever she wanted. My friend Priscilla mentioned that V rolls her eyes a lot, and it's funny - the one flashback clip they showed had them heading to heaven. Twice. In 15 seconds. Believe it or not someone's crying, and it's not Ricky (Jillian keeps pricking her finger on the sewing machine, and she's losing it. Quelle tragedie!) Speaking of Ricky, Christian is irked that RL and his stupid hats are still around. He thinks Ricky should have gone home instead of Kit. Can't say I disagree.

We're back to snoozeville here come runway time. I really hope they find more interesting designers next year. Ricky's cocktail dress isn't ... bad. Oh God. Cue waterworks. They like his work, and he's still in tears! Sheesh. Sweet P's modern patchwork was chic (and Michael Kors agreed). As for Victorya, was that skirt pleated or gathered or both? What was that? Besides lame, I mean. Rami's look is, of course, high end. For some reason I'm reminded of a classier Jeffrey Sebelia (perhaps because of the zippers on the outside of the dress). Christian loves the 80s. He just cannot help himself. I will give him props for creativity for adding the motocross jacket sleeves to the bottom of the jeans. Jillian maybe needed a poke in the head instead. Her jacket thing with the ruffled denim cuffs is strange at best. I don't even understand those red tabs on the shoulders. They look like little post its or something.

It's judgment time... well, bye bye Korea. Victorya's eyes will roll no more as Jillian lives to see another day. Ricky actually won, and I imagine his triumph probably has him in the fetal position by now. That guy needs to buy stock in Kleenex.

I'm still po'ed about the Westboro (not officially a) Baptist Church Heath Ledger protest. I did a bit of reading up on these nutjobs and it turns out they're the same losers who picket American soldier funerals (because apparently fighting in Iraq is the same thing as being a "fag enabler"). These inbred idiots (they're not allowed to marry outside the church and since the church is comprised of three families and some pathetic stragglers, they give new life to the term "kissing cousins") need to learn to do something constructive with their time. Like, oh say, campaign for Mike Huckabee.

On the bright side, Al Gore announced today that he supports the legalization of gay marriage. I think this all but insures us that he's not running for president.

I missed some great Australian Open matches that bid farewell to Justine Henin, Venus and Serena Williams, and David Ferrer. Maria Sharapova's going to the final against, it looks like, Daniela Hantuchova (who's busy pummeling Ana Ivanovic while I write). Since I can't stand Sharapova and don't care about Hantuchova, I'm no longer interested in the women's draw. Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are still in it on the men's side so I'll remain curious, especially if it's a Nadal vs Federer final. Even a Nadal/Djokovic final would be cool. Perhaps Djok can win his first slam - he's certainly deserving (and I love his lampooning of Sharapova. Grudging respect to her for liking it, too).

Okay, it's sleepy time,
Ms. P

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see Blake/Federer, unfortunately. Fed's had some tough matches during this tournament.

    Nicole - I mentioned the Westboro soldier picketing in my post. They are whackadoodles. That said, I agree with you both on the child services comment and the quiet pity. Ultimately, I do feel rather sad that life has twisted things so much for these people that this is what they choose to believe.

    As for those Fox freaks, no quarter. I hope that when these people die they go to the hell they so richly deserve (and believe in) and are forced to watch video of gay people in heaven, hanging with God, having a good old time walking their streets of gold.

    No one I talked to this morning liked Ricky's dress. As for the chairs... It's you, Chris and Neil Diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I think both the Westboro jackasses and the FoxNews jerkholes are simply going to go to gay-heaven. Where Jesus is out and fabulous.

    Anyway, I didn't think runway was too bad, but I really want bad things to happen to Christian. That kid bugs me. I think he irritates the judges too, since he clearly had the best design last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ms. P, you blog faster than I've been making it to the computer lately. I have so much to catch up on!

    Anyway. Thanks for that vision of Ricky curled into the fetal position, gently weeping at his victory. I wonder if he has a special hat that could withstand that pose.

    ReplyDelete