Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Find It Kind of Funny, I Find It Kind of Sad

Okay, so I thought this cretin lady was bad, but these idiots take the cake. Frankly, I'm so incensed by this that I can't even comment intelligently other than to say what is with our disposable society? Adopt a dog, don't like it, take it back. Adopt a kid, don't like it, take it back! And why not! In our self-obsessed world we must never be inconvenienced in any way! The only silver lining is that hopefully these kids can find parents who will give them a much better home than these freakin' morons did.

Speaking of parenting, I thought this article ("Are You Raising a Douchebag") on Details.com was interesting. I hope the pendulum gets its due shift back sometime soon and people realize that raising spoiled little mini me's maybe isn't the way to go. One thing I am grateful to my parents for is that I never mistook them for my best friend.

Taking a breath and moving on to my favorite subject of late, Mike Huckabee! He's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he? For whom, I'm not sure at this point. There's this, this, this, and finally, this (the Drudge Report's take on the Democratic response). Apparently wives need to submit to the servant leadership of their husbands (I hope T doesn't agree with this). Also, it turns out that the death penalty is okay because, uh, Jesus didn't get himself off the cross. What's scary is that I can sort of see how the Evangelicals come up with this sort of... interesting logic.

Some day God and the horsemen and all that rigamarole are going to storm down from the heavens and prove me wrong, I'm sure, but until that day I plan to hang onto reason, thanks. That said, I do believe in aliens... and think it entirely reasonable. Tee hee.

And finally, Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison for his illegal dogfighting business. Don't even get me started on hero worship in regard to sports stars (or celebrities). While I wish it could be 23 years, I almost feel sorry for Vick. What on earth happened to that man that led to him hanging and electrocuting dogs? That is some crazy, sociopathic poo. In honor of his sentencing, I'm re-linking to this cartoon because it was fitting and funny.

I'm watching (I bet you can guess) Law & Order: SVU while I write. It's the episode where the lunatic white trash keep the kids in cages. Crikey.

I promise I'll be all, like, butterflies and light tomorrow,
Ms. P

3 comments:

  1. I think that the answer to the question of "What on earth happened to that man that led to him hanging and electrocuting dogs?" is answered by a quote I had heard from his Father on the radio. His Dad said, "I told him not to put that house in his name." Not, "Have respect for living things." Not, "Dogfighting is disgusting and illegal." If this is the type of guidance this guy has gotten from his parents, no wonder he turned out to be a poor human being.

    As for the s---ty adoptivve parents, I'm just speechless. While I am insanely liberal, I do believe in God, mostly so I can hang onto the hope that people like that will get what they deserve in the end. However, if my kids turn out to be d-bags, this means that I fully expect ot go to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I knew he didn't have proper guidance as a child!

    I don't know if there's a God or not. It would be nice to think so. Especially if he or she thinks organized religion is as goofy as I do. I just can't believe the grand poobah would care if gays could marry or not. Surely that's a human conceit, right?

    I'm sure you aren't the father to some douchebags. Most people probably aren't. It's a rare few who are raising 3-year old cheese snobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider kids who demand to ride in shopping carts (not the kiddie seat mind you, the cart itself) to be d-bags. If you're six and you can't hack a walk through the grocery store, you need a whuppin'. The parents who go along with their demands are d-bags as well.

    Anyhoo, my God's a cool guy who really doesn't want me to worship him, he just wants me not ot be an asshole. If all religious people could aspire to a doctrine of not being assholes this world would a great place. Plus, he could give a shit if gay people got married, or if anyone did for that matter.

    ReplyDelete