Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The LP Questionnaire - Roland Swenson of SXSW

Roland Swenson, Managing Director of South by Southwest, presides over three successful events that take place every March in Austin, Texas. SXSW Week consists of Film, Interactive and one of the largest (and most enduring) Music Conferences and Festivals in the world.

Over 1000 up and coming and established artists perform in venues around the city. Four days of panels feature notable keynote speakers including past luminaries Neil Young, Robert Plant, and Pete Townshend.

Before I start sounding like an ad for SXSW, let's go down memory lane 17 years when Mr. Swenson and I shared an office in the old Austin Chronicle building on 28th St. I don't think I ever imagined then that he would be one of the most enduring figures in my life. Considering that we sat in silence most mornings, I doubt I thought we'd ever engage in conversation.

However, even though the Ro is still my boss man, he's become a good friend. We talk TV and I enjoy feeding his daughter Christiane's panda affection. I respect him to the point where I'm even being a dutiful employee and writing this before I go to work.

So, without further ado, RS and The LP Questionnaire...

Name: Roland Swenson
Pro Wrestling Name: Apparently mine would be Dash Zombie

1. Pretend you're 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend (and tell us what year it is).
1971

1. We Can Work It Out - The Beatles
2. Cherish - The Association
3. Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce

Love them minor chords.

2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Montgomery Burns

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Top Cat

4. What superpower do you wish you had? Flight. No more Heathrow, Charles DeGaulle, JFK.

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Nothing Can Fall in Your Lap If You Aren't Sitting Down

No comments:

Post a Comment