Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Damn You, James Patterson!

I've been watching Women's Murder Club and kind of enjoying it so I decided to read one of the books. I just finished 1st to Die and I kind of enjoyed it (a theme, you'll notice), but oooh, my little foot is stomping in anger at that ending! *Spoiler Alert, but the book came out five years ago so whatever.* I enjoyed the triple twist, but James, WHY DID YOU KILL CHRIS?! I'm assuming Lindsay goes back to partnering with Jacobi even though if he hadn't left his post (after she pleaded with him to stay there) her boyfriend/future second husband might still be alive. I was baffled that he was comforting her at the funeral because I would have been punching him in the face. Humf. Super humf. But I guess a happily married heroine doesn't make for fine drama. I get that. One other thing that bothered me about the book was how lovey dovey the women were. I have oodles of affection for my girlfriends, but I don't think I'm ruminating about how pretty and wonderful they are every five minutes. Also, I don't know any women in their mid-30s (which I'm assuming is Boxer's age range) who use the word "slacks". Not even back in 2002.

Okay, rant over. I promised newsiness...

Apparently it was a big conspiracy by Barack Obama supporters that kept Stephen Colbert off the Democratic ticket in South Carolina. Really, Barack supporters? Was he that much of a threat?

Rush Limbaugh went after another child today. Or, rather, he attempted to exploit the kid by calling out the Democrats who he said were... exploiting the kid. I try not to wish ill on anyone and frankly, Limbaugh is a waste of time, breath, energy, and words, but if he vanished tomorrow I might not be sad. Ditto Ann "The Man" Coulter. Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity may continue to exist. I guess. See, I'm not all bad. Wait. Maybe not Sean Hannity. Gee, this is a tough one.

Here's a handy list of TV shows that might be affected by the WGA strike. I have friends who are out there picketing so all I have to say is "Power to the People!!" Or something inspirational like that. I don't know much about protesting but did come up with some useful slogans for a friend of mine who one day dreams of picketing Heather "Only God Could Orchestrate Me Being Miss America" French Henry.

The initial numbers are in on the Radiohead In Rainbows experiment. I'm actually a little surprised that only 38% of people paid for the record. However, it was pointed out to me at lunch today that even with those numbers they'll still probably make more than what they would with a major label so I guess that's the real bummer. I think my hope is that this potential sales model would make the labels realize that the system, which has been going down in flames for the last several years, needs to rise from the ashes in a new way that benefits everyone a little more. Pie meet sky, right?

Lastly, apparently the Ten Commandments have been posted in the Capitol Rotunda. Please tell me we have a new gov. However, the last laugh will probably be on me as watch, Beshear will keep the display up, even though we know from those wonderful commercials that he worked hard to keep them out of the schools!

They've found another planet,
Ms. P

ps. I just turned on House and oh boy! The opening song is "One Big Holiday"! I knew they were using it but didn't realize it would air so soon. Does this mean I can meet Hugh Laurie? And steal his fork? My Morning Jacket and House. Neato!

3 comments:

  1. Fortunately for all of us, Heather won't be able to run for office and we won't have the pleasure of protesting her. Thanks to her crooked husband, that is, and her own little lawsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said "slacks." Hahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should have qualified that it was regarding slacks as pants not slacks as in slacks off. But yeah...

    ReplyDelete