Monday, November 5, 2007

100th Post - Lunchie Nonsense Edition

Ladies and gentlemen, it's my 100th Velocity post!! Cue cheering and general mayhem. Okay, maybe not.

Here I am in Austin sitting at a desk... in an office... once again. The fall ritual that is SXSW. I've decorated my wall with Luke Chueh printouts, photos of my toy gorilla and a card with two teddy bears hugging that says, "Friendships are a hug from God". Ain't that the truth?! The Incredible Hulk, The Human Torch and the smokin' Labbit watch over me. It's quite peaceful in my new space, actually.

Apologies to Eve and Erin for taking Lewis Black down. I enjoy LB (both of them, actually) and everything, but staring at angry white dude all day didn't seem very feng shui. And thanks Melissa, for trading chairs with me. Being short isn't always all it's cracked up to be.

I feel like I should write something profound but I'm beginning to feel ill from my Tofu Kung Pao from Central Market. I hope I haven't been poisoned, that would be a drag. Maybe tonight but then it will be my 101st post, and therefore not nearly as special.

So I'll leave you with two spectacularly interesting thoughts:

1. How dreamy was Brian Williams on SNL? They should let him host every week. He needs a new makeup person, though. Lining the insides of the rims of your eyes with white pencil to make them look brighter only works for women, I think. I spent half the show trying to figure out why he didn't look like his usual babe self.

2. Part of the Universe is missing. Again. They should make a sci-fi flick about this. Or a romantic comedy.

From the desk of the absurd,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. Someday we'll get LB to roast LB....maybe for charity...maybe just for our own amusement...since one of them seems to have stolen the other's routine. ;) - Erin Mc.

    ReplyDelete