Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jack's Walking with a Cane

There's maybe two people who read this blog who will get that reference. If they even get it... Am I the only one who misinterpreted "Jack's Walking with the King" as "Jack's walking with a cane"? Am I the only one who remembers The Wild Seeds? I remember sleeping in Mike Hall's bed when I was 17. Don't worry, he wasn't there.

Anyway, this post is only titled as such because yours truly is a temporary invalid and now I'm curious as to how this California pt 2 trip is going to work as I'm hobbling around on one foot with crutches (boy, are those things uncomfortable). A word of caution to fellow tae kwon do practitioners, be careful during those side-step drills! I screwed my foot up AND hit my head on the floor! Genius. Really. This is what I get for taking pride in the board breaking.

Tonight is the season finale of Damages. However, I think I'm the only person who's watching this show. For such a strong cast and a fairly interesting storyline it's received a surprising lack of buzz.

Stephen Colbert is polling ahead of Bill Richardson, Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel. I'm not sure how I feel about truthiness trumping the truth.

The conservative blogosphere has jumped on JK Rowling's admission that Hogwarts' Headmaster Albus Dumbledore is gay. I think this falls into the "Life, Get a" category.

James Lipton confesses in his new autobiography that he used to be a... pimp. In Paris. If you've never seen Inside the Actor's Studio, perhaps you've seen Will Ferrell's very funny, slightly creepy imitation on SNL. In any event, what a hilarious thought. This ranks up there with Rober Ebert writing Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

Let's see, what other completely unrelated to the last thing can I mention? Oooh, here's a good one: southern Illinois firefighter Dave Chambers revived a kitten rescued from a fire using mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. How sweet!

Okay, apologies for the slightly schizophrenic writing but I spent the afternoon hobbling around and getting my hair dyed magenta so it's entirely possible I'm not 100% here.

Some news for next week: The LP Questionnaire returns with Louisville Luminaries! Come on back for Velocity's own Tom Nord, The Courier-Journal's Jeffrey Lee Puckett, Will Russell of Lebowski Fest and Why Louisville fame and Brandon Jones whose contributions to Holy Muckle and Follow the Train are the stuff of legend.

Gute nacht, kinder!
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. is it just me or does james lipton look like his face is made of wax?

    ReplyDelete