Saturday, October 27, 2007

Building Bridges

Unbelievably, Tom and I did spend our first anniversary (pt 2) at Neil Young's house.

We have two anniversaries because we had one wedding in Shelbyville with friends and family and a separate ceremony on the beach in Chatham, MA where we got the license (celebrating Massachusetts marriage law, Mitt Romney be damned).

Yesterday we traveled the long and winding road to Young's ranch. We were the first (band) to arrive, so nervously we approached the house (which is like something out of a storybook). However, nerves weren't needed as Neil and his wife Pegi greeted us warmly and welcomed us into their home.

If you read my blog at all you know I'm pretty meh about musicians and celebrities (booking the Viper Room cured any fervor that my previous ten years in the music biz hadn't killed) and to be honest, I didn't think I'd be that excited about the lineup for this year's benefit (with the exception of seeing Regina Spektor - who I tour managed when she opened for Keane - again and Tegan and Sara), but now I'm really looking forward to the whole show. I'm even rather excited to hear "Enter Sandman" (the one Metallica song I know) unplugged.

Speaking of Metallica... I saw every member EXCEPT KIRK at the party (seriously, I'm clearly never going to take up stalking because obviously I suck at it). I'm so sad.

Hammett disappointment aside, I must say it was a magical evening and I was awestruck, starstruck, and amazed at the kindness and camaraderie. I feel quite blessed to have been a part of it.

Marriage does have its benefits! ;) Happy Anniversary, pt 2, to the hubs. We are quite the lucky ones.

Show review and pics tonight or tomorrow.

Off to breakfast,
Ms. P

ps. The photo is from the groovy little bonfire at the party. Poor James Hetfield probably thought, "Who is the is weirdo taking pictures of me?" when all I was doing was shooting the flames.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like goooood times.
    have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marinus. Wish you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! Too bad about Kirk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Miss Erin. I have two more days to become BFF's with KH! I was told to send out the positive vibes so I'm working on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete