Saturday, October 20, 2007

Between the Click of the Light and the Start of the Dream

Moments ago I was flying down the highway with the windows down listening to "Catch" by The Cure, Timbaland's "The Way I Are" (which features the strangest lyric - "you can still touch my nut, it's free" - I mean, I know that's not what she's singing but it sure sounds like it), and "No Cars Go" by Arcade Fire. I had my new Paul Smith sunglasses on (tortoise shell frames with tiny silver stars and pink insides), the temperature readout said 66 degrees (my favorite number), the leaves were looking colorful, the sun was shining and Win was screaming "Let's Go!" in my ear and oh, I wanted to go because I was starring in the best movie ever! The movie that ran on Highway 71 going 80 mph.

Tom and I are having a cookout tonight. We had the same cookout last year, the night before our wedding. Hard to believe it's been 364 days since that fateful evening in Shelbyville with the magical sunset at Gallrein Farms.

I'm watching the trees blow with the breeze, the cat is sitting in kitty loaf position and the dog is searching for treats... it's a winning kind of day.

Yes I know who you remind me of,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love Paul Smith. Those frames sound great, where did you get them? I can't find Oliver Peoples sunglasses anywhere around here.

    ReplyDelete