Thursday, August 30, 2007

Double Your Flavor...

I've been encouraged to post often and since I actually wrote the last post a few days ago, here you go.

Noteworthy (in my mind) events of the last week:

Michael Vick on trial. I wish people would understand that it's not about race and ultimately it may not even be so much about dogfighting considering I don't remember there being this kind of fuss when Floyd Boudreaux got busted. I think what people are reacting to - ok, I think what I'm reacting to is the cruelty in terms of how he killed the dogs who weren't winning. I'm sorry but strangling and drowning man's best friend just because he didn't perform well is some kind of messed up that I can't even contemplate. I think it says that Michael Vick is a bit of a sociopath. I won't start going on about athletes and celebrities and pedestals and such... yet. Anyway, I just loved that cartoon. Snoopy looks po'ed.

Miss South Carolina really wants to help those Asian countries, such as. I can't believe I was actually watching this as it happened. We had to rewind and watch it again. If all beauty pageants are this entertaining I should go back to watching them. Then again, maybe not.

Then there was this "unfortunate situation". Who's to blame here? Ignorant Americans or an Administration that routinely uses fear to keep us in line? Or both?

All I have to say is... Konichiwa!

(I'm Korean and that is a whole other story entirely.)

Chattily yours,
Ms. P

ps. the picture is one I took of Cloud Gate at Millennium Park in Chicago. You can keep up with my other photos (if you like) at flickr.

7 comments:

  1. That story about the Arabic translators and the airplane is so disheartening. It makes you wonder why someone from Iraq would ever bother to help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, the mighty Galactus has a new fav blog. beautiful photos btw.

    also this, Michael Vick's little brother & a Louisville connection: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=345746

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice shot of the big shiny thing-a-ma-bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. South Carolina exists so people in North Carolina have something to make fun of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why, thank you. i am quite enamored of the bean. it's pretty dazzling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, they must have some rich material if all the girls are like miss sc. i liked how when they called her name for the final five she looked so unsurprised. what a modest gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and don't forget the south africans!

    ReplyDelete