Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Song For A Day - Lonely In Your Nightmare



I just finished reading Andy Taylor of Duran Duran's autobiography, Wild Boy, and it was more interesting than I expected.  Strange to hear about how things were falling apart while I was sitting in the nosebleed section of Reunion Arena with a screaming friend and a stoic father on the Seven and the Ragged Tiger tour.  I was mortified by all the shrieking going on around me and I think it was a while before I went to another concert.

We won't discuss how many posters of this band adorned my walls as a 13-year old because that would be total humes.  Let's just say I managed to cover up all the hideous tan plaid wallpaper and dreamt the sweetest of dreams with John Taylor's pretty face smiling down upon me.

Speaking of dreams... we also won't discuss how many times I watched this video as a young teen just wishing Simon LeBon would come whisper something or other in my ear.  And let's not mention how skeevy that is since I was, as mentioned, 13 and he was 25.

Also, this:

No comments:

Post a Comment