Thursday, November 18, 2010

Historical Documents: My Morning Jacket in October

I know I write a disproportionate amount about My Morning Jacket - especially considering how little I've been blogging lately.  However, I'm ankle deep in NaNoWriMo, which you probably don't want to hear about especially considering I am nowhere near 50,000 words and it's already November 18.  I'm definitely sure you don't want to hear about my time at the dentist this week which is probably the most interesting thing that happened to me besides watching the Gwyneth Paltrow episode of Glee.

I've been posting Tom Picture Time on the MMJ Twitter feed every day which is a collection of shots Tom's been taking at the studio.  You should totally follow them and can do so here.  They'll have a new record coming out sometime next year.  Late spring?  Early summer?  Something like that. Oh oh, and they're on the cover of the new Austin City Limits: 35 Years in Photographs book so that's pretty groovy.

So, without further ado, here's some video (poor) and photos (less poor) I shot while out with Tom (husband) and company (the rest of the band) last month.  You can see all the videos of questionable quality here.



Still Life of Kentucky Living with Water Bottles
Channeling his inner Itzhak Perlman... because a Jimmy Page joke would just be obvious.
The Patrick
Handle with Care
Danny Clinch makes the photo time happen. I make the photo of photo time happen.
Pooch Approved
The closest we will ever be.
Johnny Quaid gets overexposed
Into the woods... with a band of vikings.
I don't know which is more terrifying: Pooch the Chicken (seen here with R.j. Biscotti), Pooch the Mexican Wrestling Optimus Prime or Pooch the Donkey.
Wearing white past Labor Day
Balloons they fall and make things happy.
One Big Kittycat
Sheer Affection
Tom as seen by Danny Cash from a photo by Steve Mitchell
I hope you have enjoyed these small offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment