Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Song For A Day - Nothing Like You



It's almost embarrassing, my love for Frightened Rabbit. The fabulous Scott Hutchison did my LP Questionnaire over at the SXSW place and I waxed rhapsodic about them over at Nerve.com. I saw them twice in March and am contemplating a road trip to Newport for their May 6 show at Southgate House. My nightly prayers include one for a My Morning Jacket/FR tour. Okay, I don't pray, really, but if i did...

Speaking of le MMJ, the laddies play their first show in over a year tonight in Birmingham and I am muy sad not to be there. However, I'm saving all my excitement for Merriweather Post Pavilion and points beyond. I hear rehearsals went well and I'm purty sure the shows will be full of goodness.

But back to Frightened Rabbit... I heart this song, I heart this video, I heart these boys. The rush I got seeing them live was only equaled to the feeling I had when I first saw MMJ at SXSW in 2002 so peep this shizzle, you guys.

ps. A friendly notice... if you read this blog via an RSS reader, my feed's moved to here so feel free to, you know, re-subscribe and stuff. Thankin' ya.

4 comments:

  1. I have been listening to FR's two albums on heavy rotation for the past month. Thank you for recommending them to me because you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Heart" is a verb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm getting grammar insults from a muppet. this is a first. an excellent first!

    sure, heart's a verb. why ever not?

    ReplyDelete