Saturday, January 23, 2010

Live Blogging The SAG Awards


Just letting you know I'm live blogging the SAG Awards tonight because a masochistic streak is a strong component of any pop culture blogger, I'd say.

They're on at 8. I have no idea who's nominated. And after watching all their self-congratulatory faces on the Hope For Haiti Now benefit last night I'm not sure if I'll make it through the whole thing without throwing up in my mouth a little. I would love to see Mo'Nique give another kickass speech, though. ("I celebrate this award with all the Preciouses, with all the Marys -- I celebrate this award with every person that's ever been touched," she said. "It's now time to tell. And it's okay." - from the Golden Globes)

On the flip side of snark, Conan O'Brien's remarks last night about cynicism really struck a chord with me, and I'm one of the biggest cynics I know (though I prefer to call it "grounded"... or something).

He said, "All I ask of you, especially young people...is one thing. Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

I'm not sure I believe this, but I'd like to. I'd really really like to.

See you in a bit.

Oh, by the way, this is #666, the blog post of the beast. Tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment