Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Song For A Day Pt 2 - All In My Mind



Because who says there can't be two?

Love and Rockets are near and dear to my heart for several reasons. They were the first band I listened to after I lost my virginity... they just happened to be in the cassette player as I drove off. I went to see them in concert when I was 16 (with The Bolshoi opening!) and got so drunk on wine coolers that I puked into my friend's Snoopy thermos. I had a crush on drummer Kevin Haskins and years later met him through a mutual friend at The Viper Room. I think I just smiled goofily and didn't manage to say anything very interesting.

Okay, that's enough of True Confessions with Love and Rockets. Maybe it was all in my mind...

3 comments:

  1. Get out of my mind, Linda! I have a cover of this song (Frank Black/Black Francis/Whatever he's calling himself right now) on deck for this week's Friday Cover Songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! and did you get drunk on wine coolers listening to it, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awhile since my wine coolers phase, but it seems thematically appropriate, so I just might hit the state store tonight and get reacquainted with Mssrs. Bartles and Jaymes.

    ReplyDelete