Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Family Movies, Banned Books and Twitter Polling

I'm supposed to be writing today, but instead I'm busy photoshopping Alexander Skarsgard into birthday cards (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE!). So... oops.

But now I'm here... and... I'm listening to this song and I better change it soon because it always makes me want to weep openly and think about being young and stuff and, you know, ponder just how much EVERYTHING MEANT!!



However, I love it. I even wrote about this song back in March so it's fitting that it gets another mention on another cool day.

Speaking of which, this weather is the greatest thing ever. I'm sitting in my office with the window open and earlier I drove up and down 71 with the windows down listening to embarrassing music. I might even have been singing along and everything. Don't tell anyone. Have I talked about how I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder in reverse? I swear it's true.

Okay, why I'm really here is because earlier when I was at Target I saw this and it made me laugh.


























I think when I was a kid family movies consisted of things that had Muppets. Times sure have changed. Though this is obviously a mistake, I bet this is actually family fare for some people... which is scary.

In other news, I thought this was pretty cool:


























I live in a pretty conservative area (I won't even talk about what percentage of people out here voted for John McCain, it's too depressing) so I was pretty impressed and pleased to see the Crestwood branch of the Oldham County Library celebrating Banned Books Week with such an impressive display. I hope you all support your public libraries!!

And finally... last week's Twitter Poll -- God, it was so long ago I don't even remember the question, oh yeah! -- "Who's your favorite cheesy 80s band?" Kind of boring, I admit, and I figured I would just get 100 tweets saying "Journey" and that would be that. However, I don't think there's anything cheesy about Journey, they're so awesome and all, and only one person (@theotherjeff) rang in with, "Journey, poll closed." Other votes filtered in for "Kiss, sans makeup" (@darthspacegrass), Europe, Kajagoogoo, Van Halen, ABC and Wham and I almost had a winner with Pseudo Echo (!!!) but nothing... and I do mean nothing... beats Modern Talking! Many thanks to @monsieurarkadian for blowing my mind with this:



How I never heard this song, I do not know. What I do know is that my life was sorely lacking until I saw this. Now I am complete. Please follow along with this Twitter shizzle (I live to resurrect dead lingo) @mspark.

Aren't these posts super fun? It's like my brain connected directly to the internet and hurled. I bet we'll be able to do that someday. Someday soon... unless it all crashes (which I'm secretly hoping for. God I would be so productive). I could keep going here, but I wont... I mean I'd like to discuss how I discovered Tucker Max last night and would now like to punch him in the face. Am I allowed to say that? I don't really mean it. Well maybe a little, but I do NOT condone violence, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment