Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In The Last Nine Days...



I've...

Seen Star Trek. How can something that evokes nothing but heinous memories from childhood -- brothers made me watch it -- starring actors I don't care for at all, directed by a guy I thought I'd never forgive -- Cloverfield, anyone? -- be so damn good?!!

Watched Glee. God, I hope the rest of the series is even half as good. I downloaded the pilot from iTunes and I've swooned to the ending way more than once. Now you can, too.

Gone to New York for Sam Erickson's photo gallery show thingy of My Morning Jacket photos at The Morrison Hotel. Strange to see Tom on a wall but love Sam's work.

Eaten way too many of these. Unbelievable. Seriously. I worship at the altar of the Levain Bakery chocolate chip walnut cookie. Strangely, I've never even been there. I owe it all to the fabulous Chappell Ellison who delivers them from the wilds of the Upper West Side.

Been in the same place as Janeane Garofalo, Matt Dillon and Olivia Wilde. Of course, I saw none of them.

Read a lot of books featuring vampires. The Charlaine Harris and Rachel Caine kind.

And finally... bought a house. Well, we bought a house. A house that two weeks ago I'd never even laid eyes on. Do you ever have those magic moments where things just fall into place? It's crazytime... we weren't even really looking, but I was driving home one day, saw the sign, saw the house and now we're a few weeks away from closing. I'm still baffled as to how it all happened.

Oh wait, I've also watched the season premiere of So You think You Can Dance. w00t! Although, what on earth was Nigel thinking bagging on the two men who danced together? Way to sound like a homophobe, you moron. And Step Up 2: The Streets. It's about a million times better than the first one but let's face it, the barre was set pretty low. Barre... get it? Haw haw. Sigh...

Okay, just thought I should explain where I've been and stuff. Also, my last Twitter poll - would you rather be famous for dating Lindsay Lohan or because Kid Rock wrote a song about how you two had sex? - had voters conflicted but Lindsay ruled the roost in the end as no one, apparently, wants to do it with Kid Rock. One person was interested to hear the song he'd write, though. It's not hard to imagine, really.

And now I go to sleep because tomorrow brings another trip to my current Mecca, Home Depot. There are so many faucets! How do you decide on just one?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment