Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Twitter Polling - Reese's or Reesies and More

I'm going to run out of "clever" poll (pole) photos pretty fast, methinks.

The Twitter Polling is still going strong and here are some results from the past couple days...

Do you say Reese's or Reesies (in re peanut butter cups, pieces, etc)? This one got started because Tom always says "Reesies" and I always laugh at him (in a kind, wifely sort of way). I thought this was just some sort of Tomism and then we were at, err, Dairy Queen the other night and he ordered a "Reesie Cup Blizzard" and I was chortling away until the drive- thru dude repeated our order and said "Reesie," too. So, maybe this is some sort of Kentucky pronunciation, I wondered, and took to the Twitter to find out. Well, Reesies didn't stand a chance as Reese's won by a landslide with comments such as "Reesies is just plain wrong" and "your hubby and the DQ guy are weird." Okay, then!

Yesterday's "Star Wars or Star Trek?" poll generated a lot of heated Han Solo debate. One thing that surprised me was all the ladies who love the Trek! "Star Trek. Spock. Kirk. Transmission ends," said @GoonrGrrl. William Shatner always kinda freaked me out, I must admit. However, it was one gal (@aw1095) who pushed Star Wars over the edge for the win (sorry @tweetrenee, I know you think Han Solo is a "chump"). Tom, or @sometomguy as he's known in the Twitterverse, said, "T
hose Kenner toys looked much better under the tree. And Darth Vader is way cooler than Khan" while @jason1749 defiantly remarked, "Han Solo is cooler than Kirk."

Today's poll is still going going on so feel free to @reply or follow @mspark. The poll query is, "Who would you rather go on a road trip with - Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees, and why?" Personally, I think poor Jason is just misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment