Thursday, January 29, 2009

Survivor: Crestwood


Well, I have no power. I am using the snow as a freezer. I have fires going. There are lots of blankets involved.

I have been... shoveling.

It's 24 degrees outside and some friends have rescued me for a moment and whisked me away to Panera, but it feels so germy and claustrophobic that I don't know if rescue is the right word.

Anyway... I'm just writing to say I'll be back with more randomness and MMJ doing things in places where it is not freezing and there is electricity sometime... soon... I hope.

In the meantime, here is a photo of them at their last show opening for Neil Young in Melbourne.

photo by Eric Mayers.

Oh... I just realized this is my 500th post. Whee. Brrrr...

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't assume too much on the electricity front here in Melbourne! We lost power for most of last night.

    I also take your 24 degree Fahrenheit and raise you 111.2 (or 44 degrees Celsius - the Aussie measurement), which is what the weather was here yesterday and will be today.

    But hey, nothing says we can't respect (and cower before) each other’s power losses and weather extremes! Stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, that sucks! i'm sorry. i'd happily give you (and hubby and pets) shelter if i weren't laid up with a sinus infection and bronchitis. (i've taken over the guest room for the moment.)

    stay warm!! cuddle the pets if hubs is gone. they're like mini electric blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly Austin looks a little more attractive, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. box, i have to give you the win on this one. i would much rather be cold than hot, which is why i left texas (so, no, d perkins, austin does not look more attractive!). they were dropping like flies at the aus open.

    much respect, indeed. thanks for the good wishes.

    and maisy, thanks to you, too. get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete