Sunday, December 14, 2008

David Gregory Debuts As Host Of Meet The Press



David Gregory dancing to Mary J. Blige made me love him a little more.

Then I heard a story about him berating a waitress while dining with Tim Russert and the bloom fell off the rose.

I know, all that story proves is that I'm fickle and easily swayed by possibly unfounded gossip.

I thought he did a passable job this morning. He seemed a bit rushed and nervous but who wouldn't be? I'm not sure why Andrea Mitchell didn't get the job, but it would have been nice to see a woman on there. That said, as non-offensive white guys go, though my heart belongs to Chuckie Todd (and BriWi, of course), I have no problem tuning in to the DG every week. I can't say I'm that excited about it, that I'm going to wake up every Sunday like it's Christmas... but I'm down.

One thing that freaks me out about this transition, though, is that DG and I are the same age. What the hell am I doing with my life??!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment