Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh Yes, Hate Speech on the Left Is SOOOOOO Much Worse! - Sacramento GOP Edition


So I'm a bit late on this one, but it was worth posting anyway.

Those Sacramento Republicans sure are a genial bunch. They've taken this down in the ensuing criticism from California Repubs including Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

However, you can still get your "Waterboard Obama" coffee mug here along with one that says "Give Al Qaeda a chance. Vote Obama."

There's also this... jerkface in Ohio...



All this makes me wonder what's going to happen if/when Barack Obama wins? I thought the Swiftboating of John Kerry was bad, but that pales in comparison, obviously. Still, I remain amazed when the Right try to act like wounded little martyrs in regards to the hate speech that's out there. I have yet to hear anyone yell "Off with his head!" when John McCain's name comes up at Obama rallies.

Bernie Sanders, my new boyfriend, was on Real Time with Bill Maher this weekend and among the many great things he said, he talked about restoring Americans' hope in America and the world's hope in America. Colin Powell discussed something similar on Meet the Press. I very much hope that no matter who wins, something akin to the restoration of our place in the world starts to happen next year.

And I don't mean our place as in we're #1 or the uprising of Sarah Palin's "Real America." I mean the return of a country where our "freedoms" actually mean something and liberty and justice really is for all (okay, so we're not quite there yet and we weren't eight years ago, either, but it's something to work for, yeah?).

2 comments:

  1. The thing that bothers me the most about all of this is that it seems like no one on the right (except, perhaps, McCain himself)is cognizant of the type of anger and hatred they're drumming up amongst their base. This isn't like the Swiftboat attacks where they sowed the dislike of John Kerry, this time, they've put an entire religion and race in their cross-hairs. I just get the feeling that something very bad could happen from all of this.

    If anything, the Republicans have all but assured themselves that Muslims and Arabs will never vote for one of their candidates. It'll be a wonder if that party still exists in 30 years time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hope that the explosion you hear after the election is not that of the assassination of Obama or riots over either side winning but rather the sound of the Republican party imploding.

    I mean, they've turned against each other! The idiots vs the intellectuals, apparently.

    I can't believe they've made being intelligent a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete