Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Barack "Hussein" Obama and The Sarah Palin Garbage Pail Card


Yesterday someone asked me what the difference is between the above rendering of Sarah Palin as a Garbage Pail Kid vs the rendering of Barack Obama as a Muslim terrorist that I posted yesterday.

Well... there's YouTube video of Sarah Palin talking about the natural gas line in Alaska as being God's plan. There's a photo of her holding a rifle, and there's plenty of footage of her chanting "Drill, baby, drill!"

Also, Sarah Barracuda is something she's obviously proud of (see - or hear, I guess - their use of Heart's "Barracuda" at rallies much to Ann and Nancy Wilson's chagrin).

As for the billboard in yesterday's post...

I love how "Hussein" is in quotation marks as if that's a nickname they've given him and not his actual middle name. But you know, let's imply that he must be one of them A-rab dictators.

They've drawn him as a Muslim (or a Sikh, maybe?), which we all know he is not. And if we don't, we must be deaf, dumb and blind because I'm pretty sure Reverend Wright is not preaching the tenets of the Koran.

They're declaring that Barack Obama equals "more abortions". Umm... I didn't know that promoting abortion was part of his platform. Is he offering buy one, get one free if you vote for him or something?

Furthermore, the idea that Barack Obama equals more same sex marriages is just silly - not really - since he has declared pretty much everywhere that he is against same sex marriage (although I hope he doesn't actually believe that).

And finally, Barack Obama equals more taxes... yes, for people making over $250,000 a year. I'm willing to bet that the people behind this billboard do not make over $250k a year.

Okay, so he is for more gun regulation... and this is a bad thing?

I do not think Barack is the second coming. I'm not a huge fan of either candidate, to be honest. I'm disappointed that John McCain turned his back on his independent spirit to pander to a bunch of right wing nutjobs just so he can win. However, I agree, they all do it. Obama switched positions on FISA, among other things, after he won the nomination.

Anyway... that's my answer to one friend's question.

To be fair, you should read up on each candidate's positions and decide for yourself, of course.

Barack "Hussein" Obama

John "Sidney" McCain

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Garbage Pail Kids, that takes me way back! Incidentally, I wouldn't be so mad about the use of Barracuda if I were Ann and Nancy Wilson. I bet sales of the Barracuda MP3 spiked after the RNC. $10 says that Ann and Nancy will be sitting at home and hoping that the President-Elect will decide to use "These Dreams" during their inauguration speech...

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like "Almost Paradise" if it's McCain, although I realize that technically that's Ann and Mike Reno.

    ReplyDelete