Sunday, September 7, 2008

MTV Video Music Awards - Too Tired to Really Care

Red carpet notes... T-Pain is on an elephant. Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry (who forgot to get dressed, apparently) are here together to dispel rumors of their big feud (who cares?). Michael Phelps is with Kid Rock. Ashlee Simpson is pregnant. Paris Hilton is lame.

Speaking of boring, that is one thing Russell Brand is NOT. After imploring America to vote for Barack Obama and turning politics into a riff on The Jonas Bros' virginity ("Eight years of Bush is what the Jonas Bros are going to have to cram into their bachelor party." EEP!), I find myself amazed MTV let him say half the things he did. I wonder if they'll ever have him back. I wonder how many angry parents are calling MTV right now.

I am rather fond of Mr. Brand, though. He's mad.

I think the rest of this show is going to pretty much suck (the Britney Spears intro was such a lot of fuss for a whole lot of nothing) so I'm not going to bore you or me with a novel about it. Oh, and Brit Brit won something. She thanked God. W00t.

I leave you with RB and BS doing a couple VMA promos (if you haven' seen them a million times already). The subtitles are entertaining.



PS. Jordin Sparks just said, "It's not bad to wear a promise ring because not every guy and a girl wants to be a slut, OK?" Does that make people who don't wear them sluts?! Guilty as charged, JS! Or can I not be a slut since I'm married? Hrm.

PPS. Was Christopher Mintz-Plasse really wasted or did Slipknot just make him that way?

PPPS. Why is there so much godawful freaking music out there?!! I feel like my soul has just been eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment