Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The LP Questionnaire - Warren Ellis


Today is the day, people! Astonishing X-men #25, the first of the Warren Ellis/Simone Bianchi collaboration for Marvel, arrives in stores today. Though I will miss the Joss Whedon/John Cassaday combo (his Beast was pretty delish), I'm psyched to see where Ellis and Bianchi take the series.

I know I don't write about comics too often (okay, maybe ever), but I am married to a massive comics enthusiast (we went to Wizard World!) so I have interest through osmosis, and Ellis is a legend in the field.

Prolific, and with a personality that extends beyond the world of the make-believe, I'm a regular reader of Ellis' blog, and in addition to his popular series Black Summer, he's also written a novel, Crooked Little Vein, and is developing a series for AMC called Dead Channel.

I'm also rather excited about Castlevania: Dracula's Curse, an animated feature he's doing based on the Castlevania video games... games I play with obsessive abandon whenever they come out.

So without further ado, please enjoy Warren Ellis on The LP Questionnaire (which he sent me a while ago, but I wanted to save it for something special).

Name: Warren Ellis
Pro Wrestling Name: Apparently it's Smooth Jackal.

1. Pretend you're 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend. God, 15... that makes it 1983. What did we have in 1983 that'd go on a romantic mixtape? Especially, you know, when you're 15, it's dark and cold all the time "Blue Monday," New Order. "Never Never," The Assembly. And... hell, this is tough, actually. "Red Red Wine"? The Banshees covering "Dear Prudence"? No: Dexy's Midnight Runners doing "Come On Eileen."

2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Hell, I don't care. I live in England. Watching you actually choose an evil villain every four years is a great spectator sport for us out here in the rest of the world. Although we confess to some disappointment that Arnold Schwarzenegger won't be running against Jesse Ventura in '08. What a cage match that would be.

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? I remember when I was very small, seven or eight years old, my favourite cartoon was this odd Japanese import called Marine Boy, that played all one summer on the morning TV.

4. What superpower do you wish you had? Teleportation. Without a doubt. Except maybe I'd like the power of Not Dying better.

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? I Am Not Finished, So Sod Off

Thanks so much for joining us for this edition of The LP Questionnaire. You can read other groovy LP?s here, if you like.

I heart Beast,
Ms. P

ps. I would have given a photo credit but could not find a shooter to go with the shot. Cute pic, though.

2 comments: