Monday, July 14, 2008

The LP Questionnaire - Joe Vaux


I first met Joe Vaux at the offices of The Family Guy/American Dad. MMJ had been invited to observe one of the table readings and obviously that was just too neato of an experience to pass up.

After the read-through they gave us a tour of the whole operation and on the way we were introduced to Mr. Vaux, and I noticed that he was also a most excellent artist in his own right.

Flash forward to me starting this whole LP Questionnaire business.... I asked Joe to participate a while ago which he so kindly did.

Flash forward some more, and I come to find that he's part of a group show starting this Friday at my favorite gallery in the world, Gallery 1988.

G1988 recently opened their San Francisco arm (the original is in Los Angeles at Melrose and La Brea), and they routinely show groundbreaking supercool artists.

If you're in SF, please don't miss "Strangely Mannered."

Either way, please enjoy JV on The LP Questionnaire...

Name: Joe Vaux
Pro Wrestling Name: They call me Wolf Bobcat in the ring, but while I'm in the air getting ready to apply a wicked pile driver they call me The Atomic Rat.

1. Pretend you're 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend. Pixies "Wave of Mutilation" slow and fast version. Jane's Addiction's "Summertime rolls" and Yes' "Close to the Edge."

2. Which evil villain would make the best president? Ming the Merciless vs. Darth Bush. Ming wins by TKO in the the 10th round. Both have "axis" to lots of evil.

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? There can't be just one, sooo; Spider Man and his Amazing friends, Smurfs, and Dungeons and Dragons.

4. What superpower do you wish you had? China

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Everybody Poops

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you've been riveted by this edition of The LP Questionnaire. Read more here, if you like. Recent participants include Warren Ellis, Bill Hader and Fred Armisen. Or maybe you'd be interested in past victims Billy Zoom, Hanson or, uh, my husband.

G'night,
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment