Sunday, December 23, 2007

Peter's Answer: Charlie Wilson's War

Apologies, as ever, for the sparse posting but I've been in a haze of family holiday happenings.

Tonight we went to see Charlie Wilson's War and though it featured some snappy dialogue courtesy of Aaron Sorkin and Philip Seymour Hoffman doing his best Lester Bangs turned CIA covert operative, the film felt a bit hollow. And sad. It was hard to watch us help Afghanistan knowing what came after.

Not so very ho ho ho.

It's back to Kentucky tomorrow for Tom and me. Can't wait to chillax at the homestead for a few weeks before heading back Texas for two months.

I hope you and yours and yours are having a splendid holiday time.

Oh - here's a link guaranteed to freak you out if you can get Peter to answer.

Nighties,
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. I was depressed after seeing "Charlie Wilson's War," too. Seems like those well-intentioned people set off a whole regretable chain of events. I loved Gust's (Phil Hoffman) fable about the zen master. Very apt. Still, it was a likeable movie. I wish it were longer. It seemed kind of rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the zen master fable was interesting... and so true.

    I agree it felt rushed and was very surprised it clocked in at only 97 minutes. I'm tired of seeing movies that drag us from point A to point B like this. Golden Compass was the same.

    As for the chain of events... I feel like the Bush admin is using it against the anti-war movement now. But I guess... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete