Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oprah is a Traitor!

I found this on Oprah's forum:
"It's really sad...what fame and fortune can do to a person. Oprah, you were raised to be a child of God. Unfortunately, you have strayed very far from our Lord. I've suspected this for several years, and now, I'm convinced it's true. There is no way that one of God's children would support a candidate that agrees with abortion and gay rights. I'm sure that you are familiar enough with the bible to know what our Lord says about these subjects and all of the other immoral attitudes in our country. I know that you are a very loving and generous person, however, you know that good works will not get you into heaven. Please get back to the bible and most importantly....campaign for Jesus! I'll always pray for you. Joyce
PS Mike Huckabee is our best choice for President.....check him out."

I see something sad here, but I don't quite think it's Oprah's stumping for Obama. I'm not sure I understand the fuss over her support of Barack. She's a citizen of this country, ergo she's allowed to back whoever she wants, just as I am and you are. If you don't agree with her choice, don't go to the rallies. If you vehemently oppose it, stop watching the show. However, saying that she's a traitor - or that she's going to hell now (puhleaase!) - is just ridonkulous.

On another note, I'm not a Tori Amos fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought this was pretty funny.

I'm enjoying my Stranded Saturday. I hope you are, too.
Ms. P

3 comments:

  1. Did you see this post by jaimesiste on the forum?Oprah "is a tratior...to the people of the unitied states,obama is not born in the unitied states,i think hes from iran or iraq..."

    First of all, I think patriotic people should know how to spell the name of their country. Second of all, Obama was born in Hawaii. I know it's easy to get Iraq and Hawaii confused, but there's a difference.

    Anyway, that Tori Amos clip is awesome! Those girls got schooled. Having been a teenager in the 90's, I'll always have a soft spot for Tori, but it just got softer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I'm a huge Tori fan and I say bravo. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,

    I was so tempted to include that "obama is not born in the unitied states" quote but didn't, obviously, so I'm glad you did! It's a real gem.

    Tori = Lilith to me which probably isn't fair. I always liked her because of RAINN but couldn't get into her music. That said, she's gone up in my estimation after telling those girls to f off.

    ReplyDelete