Monday, November 12, 2007

The LP Questionnaire - Tom Nord of Velocity

Louisville Luminaries Week begins with none other than Velocity Editor Tom Nord.

I met Tom (whose picture is rather disturbing, no?) through our friend Paula Yoo. It turned out we had lots of mutual pals and he's become one of my favorite Louisville people. He's thoughtful, smart and I really enjoy our discussions on all manner of topics.

In addition to his Velocity duties, Mr. N also wrote this funny piece for Cracked about "Popular NASCAR Drivers and Their Parallels in French New Wave Cinema".

Please enjoy your Nord and Savior's take on The LP Questionnaire:

Name: Tom Nord
Pro Wrestling Name: Whip Lasher

1. Pretend it's 1985. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your
girlfriend.
"Sixteen Blue," The Replacements; "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville," R.E.M.; "Can't Explain," The Who. Because in 1985, if you weren't into the Who, R.E.M. and the Replacements, you were no friend of mine.

2. Which evil villain would make the best president? Lex Luthor. He was evil, but he was also somewhat competent. If I am going to hire an evil genius, I want one who can keep the trains running on time. If Lex were in charge of FEMA, for example, things would have been a lot different after Hurricane Katrina. On the other hand, the hurricane probably would have been the result of his evil weather machine. So I guess this is a trickier question than I thought...

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Speed Racer. This was Japanime before anyone used that term. It was badly animated and full of really stupid scenarios, like an auto race through an active volcano. What 10-year-old wouldn't dig that?

4. What superpower do you wish you had? Invisibility. This isn't really a "power," per se, but I don't want to take over the world. I just want to be able to do my own thing and be left alone. I could sneak into movies, concerts and sporting events, and I could pretty much shoplift whatever I want to eat. I could sneak onto planes and fly anywhere for free. Seriously -- I've really thought this thing through.

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Advantage: Nord!

Up next: The Courier-Journal's Jeffrey Lee Puckett.

No comments:

Post a Comment