Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bring Back the Lions!

And feed these freaking morons to them. Sheesh. I mean really. Wow. I am actually jaw droppingly surprised that people are this horrible.

In other news of the insane, I can't believe this but I actually agree with Pat Robertson. Part of my problem with Christianity is the rampant hypocrisy. Halloween is a pagan holiday. Why should Christians get to enjoy the modern day fruits of it if it so goes against their beliefs? I may still be bitter that my mother made me quit trick or treating while I was still in elementary school (even though I did get the Grease soundtrack as a consolation prize), but at least she was keepin' it real. Real crazy, perhaps. But real, nonetheless.

Another Republican politician has been caught doing the gay sex thing. Oy.

And lastly, not even Ugly Teeth are safe from Chinese lead.

Halloween just isn't the same anymore. I spent the evening passing out candy at Tom's sister's house. I think I had about a 20% rate of "thank you's" from the little brats (but I don't blame them, I blame their parents. Humf). I especially love it when they just show up in jeans and a t-shirt. At least make an effort! Also amazing: kids would just grab whatever they wanted from the bowl without even saying "trick or treat". This makes me want to have a baby just so there will be one more person in the world with manners. There were a few cute ninjas out there, though.

Grumble grumble,
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. I saw that news story, too. Those folks are delusional.
    My trick or treaters were much more polite this year than last, but my favorite one was the cute Batman whose eyes got HUGE when I emptied 20 candy bars in his pillowcase at the end of the night. (My husband bought 20x too much candy -- we still have 5 unopened bags of bars. Ugh.)
    But that kid, he said thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange how it's about a hundred times more fun to make a kid happy. Oh my God, I did not just say that!

    ReplyDelete