Friday, August 31, 2007

Wedded Miss - Iowa update

Judge Robert Hanson wussed out and granted a stay on his ruling regarding same-sex marriage. Only one couple managed to get a license before they stopped being issued.

I'd like to know what heterosexual couples have done to make marriage so sacred. Look at any five minute marriage in Hollywood (or anywhere) and tell me why preserving the sanctity equals making this club exclusive for one man/one woman. I think if people are so hell bent on DOMA then they need to outlaw divorce, too. I mean, if marriage is such a precious thing... But that's just it, isn't it? Marriage is valuable and that is why it should be available to everyone. Like all rights. That we're even having this debate is BS. People need to stop being such scaredy cats and get a freaking life.

Yes, I just said scaredy cats.

ps. Mitch McConnell can kiss my not insignificant behind. Unforgivable? Really Mitch? Should we talk about Iraq? And I thought Bunning was bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment